About the Smile Train Regional Center:
The Smile Train Regional Centre at our hospital was established in the year 2003 with the aim of providing free quality corrective surgeries for persons living with cleft lip/palate. With the grant assistance of The Smile Train, USA, we not only provide free quality corrective surgeries but also provide free treatment, free investigations, and free food three times a day. Additional services like speech therapy, 24 hours nursing care, counselling and rehabilitation are also provided.
Exemplary services at our centre…
- Quality corrective cleft lip/palate surgery.
- Expert pre and post Counseling for cleft patients and their families
- Essential investigation & diagnostic services.
- 24 hours round the clock nursing care.
- Enhanced Speech therapy for cleft palate patients
- Well equipped infrastructure with state-of-the-art equipments including operation theatre, recovery room, pre and post operative wards
- Specialized marketing and public awareness camps
- Unique medical reference library
We follow the ten principles of Smile Train USA…
- Insure patient safety is our 1st priority
- Focus exclusively on the problem of clefts
- Foster self-sufficiency through free training & education
- Provide free surgery for children who can’t afford it
- Embrace an interdisciplinary team approach
- Invest in research to find a way to prevent clefts
- Leverage technology to accelerate learning results
- Partner with other cleft organizations and share resources
- Operate the most cost – efficiency cleft organizations in the world
- Work ourselves out of a job
"The Smile Train has given more than 2, 00,000
Indian Children not just a new smile but a new life".